Watch Dr. Ciaran Kelly, Medical Director of the Celiac Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, present Old myths meet new medicines.
How does the Feeding Gluten-Free program get food to where it's needed? A lot of legwork! Roadrunner Food Bank of New Mexico & Northern Illinois Food Bank were the recipients of the most recent donations from Schär, shipped by NCA. Thank you all and Garden of Health Food Bank for your help!
The Celiac Disease Foundation has a series of videos with highlights from their patient education and advocacy summit earlier this year. Learn about:
- the epidemiology of CD from Edwin Liu, MD
- diagnosis and management of CD from Benjamin Lebwohl, MD
- CD treatment limitations, management gaps, and solutions from Jocelyn Silvester, MD, PhD
- federal funding and drug development from Jennifer Sealey-Voyksner, PhD
- history of the development of medications for celiac disease from Francisco Leon, MD, PhD
- why endpoints matter in clinical trials from Daniel Leffler, MD
- why should you participate in a clinical trial from Kristin Neff
- history and importance of NIH research from Joseph Murray, MD
- clinical importance of advocacy initiatives from Ritu Verma, MD
- advocating for celiac disease accommodations in learning environments from Vanessa Weisbrod
The Canadian Celiac Association has a series of events for celiac awareness month including videos about shared kitchens, getting started on the GF diet and more. Click here for the schedule!
The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center will be hosting ASK THE EXPERT: Gluten Disorder and the Management of Celiac Disease During Life Stages featuring Dr. Ritu Verma and Dr. Garcia-Alvarez on Thursday May 13th at 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Central Time. Tune in here!