NCA offers these tips for dining out successfully:
- When you make a reservation, alert the host that you need to eat gluten free.
- When you arrive at the restaurant, telling the person who is seating you is optional. However, that person will often bring this to the attention of the waitstaff and/or the manager.
- Determine if there is a separate gluten-free menu.
- When the waitstaff arrives, announce that you are the person who needs to eat gluten free. Be prepared to ask questions, and remember sometimes it is better to order as simply as possible.
- When the food arrives, confirm that the order you are getting is, indeed, gluten-free.
Does this sound like a lot of work? It certainly is, but it is the process whereby you can allow yourself to venture out to a world of culinary delights.
NCA Dining Out Resources
Check the database of restaurants on our website. To find one near you, enter your location, search and then choose Distance in the Sort By drop-down box.
Our new Complete Guide to Gluten-Free Living has even more tips and advice! (Available to NCA members only.)
Visited 438 Times, 1 Visit today