"Y'all helped me and my family get through Ida. Whenever there’s a disaster like that going on, there are MRE supply points and such but the people with allergies aren't taken as greatly into consideration and it can be harder to get help but y'all did and I really appreciate what y'all are doing, and im sure many others do too - sending love from LA "
Tips to Help Prepare for a Disaster
Here are some tips about what food to pack in a disaster kit:
- All food items need to be shelf-stable
- Select items that are nutrient dense and calorie packed
- Ready-to-eat items are ideal as they may not require use of utilities such as electricity
- For kids, try to pack items they are familiar with
- Don't forget the manual can opener
- Store food in a waterproof and easily manageable container/s so that you can travel with it if necessary
- Review and update supplies as necessary
We are so grateful for our corporate supporters, listed below.