They state that they have gluten-free items regularly and always have naturally gluten-free items.
Family Food Connections is currently open to:
- patient families from Boston Children’s at Martha Eliot
- patient families from Children’s Hospital Primary Care Center
- patient families from Adolescent/Young Adult Medicine
- patient families in the Celiac Disease Program. The site will feature allergy-friendly and gluten free- foods. Learn more about the Celiac Program.
- residents from the Mildred C. Hailey Apartments and surrounding neighborhood
Their only requirement is that people are residents of Washington County, RI. For a gluten-free diet, it is recommended that they attend their indoor shopping shifts on Wednesday nights 630-730 or Thursday mornings 930-1130 so they can look at the labels and assess.
If someone happens to come to a drive-thru shift tell them to let whoever is packing their car that they are gluten free so they can pick through the distributed items and give them the proper foods.
This organization is able to accept donations of gluten-free food as well as segregate and keep them for those who need them. They routinely offer both naturally and packaged gluten-free foods.