They state that they have gluten-free items regularly and always have naturally gluten-free items.
Family Food Connections is currently open to:
- patient families from Boston Children’s at Martha Eliot
- patient families from Children’s Hospital Primary Care Center
- patient families from Adolescent/Young Adult Medicine
- patient families in the Celiac Disease Program. The site will feature allergy-friendly and gluten free- foods. Learn more about the Celiac Program.
- residents from the Mildred C. Hailey Apartments and surrounding neighborhood
This organization is able to accept donations of gluten-free food as well as segregate and keep them for those who need them. They routinely offer both naturally and packaged gluten-free foods.
Their only requirement is that people are residents of Washington County, RI. For a gluten-free diet, it is recommended that they attend their indoor shopping shifts on Wednesday nights 630-730 or Thursday mornings 930-1130 so they can look at the labels and assess.
If someone happens to come to a drive-thru shift tell them to let whoever is packing their car that they are gluten free so they can pick through the distributed items and give them the proper foods.