Tips to Help Prepare for a Disaster
Here are some tips about what food to pack in a disaster kit:
- All food items need to be shelf-stable
- Select items that are nutrient dense and calorie packed
- Ready-to-eat items are ideal as they may not require use of utilities such as electricity
- For kids, try to pack items they are familiar with
- Don't forget the manual can opener
- Store food in a waterproof and easily manageable container/s so that you can travel with it if necessary
- Review and update supplies as necessary
For more information, read Staying GF Safe in a Disaster Situation.
For general information about disaster preparedness, visit the following websites:
Please consider a donation to Feeding Gluten-Free so we can help get GF food to people in need in any situation.