- 1 large bunch broccoli, trimmed and cut into 4” spears
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 Tbsp GF flour
- 2 cups GF chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp medium dry sherry
- fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced thin
- In a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook broccoli for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside, covered.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add broth and bring mixture to a boil. Cook on low, stirring, for 10 minutes or until thick.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form, then add to flour mixture along with sherry and lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange broccoli on a flameproof platter. Top with half the sauce. Stir ¼ cup Parmesan into other half of sauce.
- Arrange chicken on broccoli, pour remaining sauce over top, and sprinkle mixture with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan.
- Broil, about 6 inches from heat, for 1 minute or until sauce is golden and bubbling.
1 serving: 370 calories, 13g carbs, 32g protein, 20g fat, 120mg chol, 560mg sodium, 3g fiber.