Easy to make and nutritious, this recipe can be a main or side dish.
Watch this recipe on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@nationalceliac/video/6977466322431036678
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp dried spice of your choice oregano, basil, Italian seasoning
- 1 15 oz can chick peas drained and rinsed. We recommend looking for legumes that are labeled GF.
- 1/3 cup raisins optional
- 8 oz fresh spinach washed and drained, OR 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 14 oz can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Saute onion and garlic over a medium-high heat until soft, approximately 8 minutes.
- Add spices, chickpeas, raisins (if using) and spinach and cook for another minute.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat. Allow mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes or until the tomato mixture has thickened slightly.
Variation: Add 2 Tbsp. of curry paste in place of dried spice.
Serve with: Rice, GF pasta, polenta, chickpea flour pancakes.