- 3/4 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatos
- 1 15.5 oz can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 10 oz package frozen corn
- 2 14.5 oz cans beef broth
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp red pepper or cayenne
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat, spray with cooking spray and crumble the beef into the pot and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until browned.
- Drain off any fat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, ketchup, un-drained tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, and broth. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, and red pepper, and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Tried ¼ tsp red pepper and found it was too spicy.