Here is a great GF cookie recipe that my daughter created. It has almost the same ingredients as the original and the preparation is almost the same as well. But these small differences make the most amazing cookie! You'll be tempted to eat them by the dozen!
- 2-1/4 cups GF flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz toffee bits look for Heath English Toffee Bits, which should be labeled GF
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at high speed until creamy, about 4 minutes. Do not skip this step. It is what makes this cookie so good.
- Then, on medium speed, add eggs, one at a time, and then vanilla, and then flour and incorporate quickly. Don’t over beat.
- Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. All ovens are different, but bake 6-9 minutes or until golden brown.
These cookies freeze well.