1/2 cup servings
- 9 cups crispy corn & rice cereal
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanuts or candy coated chocolate pieces optional
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Spray 13”x9” baking sheet with Pam and pour cereal on it.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter in 2-quart saucepan and cook over medium until boils (takes about 2-3 minutes to get to a boil). Continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, add baking soda and mix well. Pour syrup mix over cereal and stir gently until well coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes then stir. Bake another 20 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, and add peanuts or candy.
- Spread mix onto wax paper and cool 30 minutes.