- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2-1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2-1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, quartered
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 lbs baby spinach
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, simmered until tender
- 1 cup cream if needed to make more sauce
- In a large flameproof casserole, heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the coriander, curry, cumin, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Stir well.
- Add the chicken pieces and sear on each side for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and salt. Stir well and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and lower the heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, turning the chicken halfway through cooking.
- Stir in the spinach, cover the pan, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
Serve with rice.