- 1-1/4 cups rice flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix cereal and milk in another bowl. Let stand for 3 minutes.
- Beat egg in medium bowl. Add applesauce, apple, sugar, and butter; mix well. Add cereal mixture; mix well.
- Add the egg/applesauce/cereal mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon batter evenly into a medium muffin pan lined with paper cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Freezes well.