Thanks to Carla Carter for sharing this recipe! Since these go SO fast, Carla always doubles the recipe and instead of 3 additional eggs, she uses flax seed (1 egg = 1 tablespoon of flax seed set for 5 minutes in 3 tablespoons of water). These freeze quite well to be enjoyed anytime. On behalf of Carla's nephew Colby, don’t forget to add “Love,” as the most important ingredient!
- 1 1/3 cup GF flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line muffin tins with paper baking cups or grease with nonstick oil of choice.
- In a medium bowl, mix GF flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices together. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, mix the oil with the sugar until blended. Add the dry ingredients to the oil/sugar mixture and beat until blended.
- Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Fold in pumpkin puree.
- Pour batter into muffin tins approximately ½ way (although I always do a little more!)
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for ten minutes prior to serving.