servings (8 poppers total)
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 8 small jalapeño peppers
- 2 eggs
- 7 Tbsp GF cornflake or Rice Chex crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and mayonnaise. Mix well and set aside.
- Halve peppers lengthwise and remove seeds. Fill peppers with cheese mixture. (Oil and seeds from the peppers can be irritating — keep your fingers away from your eyes.)
- Place eggs in a shallow dish. Place cereal crumbs in a separate shallow dish. Dip stuffed peppers into eggs and then roll in cereal crumbs to coat.
- Transfer peppers to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake until filling is bubbly and outside begins to brown, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.