|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Passive Time||24 hours|
- 2 cups GF graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup key lime juice or regular lime juice
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped topping Or whip and sweeten 1 cup of heavy cream. It tastes even better!
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and and melted butter. Mix well and add plastic wrap to bowl or store in a sealed container.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the condensed milk and lime juice and mix well. Refrigerate mixture overnight.
- Add two tablespoons of crust mixture into clean shot glasses. Next, add 2 tablespoons of chilled key lime pie mixture. Repeat and top with 1 tablespoon of cool whip and more crust crumbs. Garnish with a fresh thinly sliced lime. Chill assembled desserts until ready to serve. This dessert is best served cold.
It takes about 15 minutes to prepare the filling and crust. Then you need to chill your key lime pie mixture overnight. So this recipe actually takes a full day before you can eat it. If you are short on time, chill mixture for 2 hours in the freezer but check after an hour. You want it still to be soft enough to scoop it out into your shot glasses. Do not let it become solid.