Served this with Shish-Kabobs and my friends couldn’t believe it was gluten free!
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Jasmine rice uncooked
- 2 cups GF chicken broth (I used Pacific)
- several strands saffron
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp GF granulated bouillon (I used Herb Ox)
- Melt butter in skillet. Add onion and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in rice and chicken broth, saffron, turmeric, and bouillon. Set heat to high and bring to almost a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, turn down to low and cook until rice is tender, and liquid is absorbed. 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving.
I used Pacific brand stock and Herb-Ox brand bouillon. Brands can change ingredients without notice. Be sure to check these particular brands to be sure they are still gluten free.