- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 sprigs fresh mint leaves chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a bowl, combine chicken and mustard. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In another bowl, stir together the water and tomato paste.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken, cayenne pepper, cloves, mint, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, and cover the pan. Simmer stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the cream and stir well. Cook for 2 minutes until hot.
Serve over rice.