- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- Triple Raspberry Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees F.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a sheet pan. Draw a 9-inch circle on the paper, using a 9-inch plate as a guide. Turn the paper over so the circle is on the reverse side. (This way you won't get a pencil mark on the meringue.)
- Place the egg whites and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat the egg whites on high speed until firm, about 1 minute. With the mixer still on high, slowly add the sugar and beat until it makes firm, shiny peaks, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, then sift the cornstarch onto the beaten egg whites, add the vinegar and vanilla, and fold in lightly with a rubber spatula.
- Pile the meringue into the middle of the circle on the parchment paper and smooth it within the circle, making a rough disk. Bake for 90 minutes. Turn off the oven, keep the door closed, and allow the meringue to cool completely in the oven, about 1 hour. It will be crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Invert the meringue disk onto a plate and spread the top completely with Sweetened Whipped Cream.
- Combine the strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries in a bowl and toss with about 1/2 cup of Triple Raspberry Sauce, or enough to coat the berries lightly.
- Spoon the berries carefully into the middle of the Pavlova, leaving a border of cream and meringue. Serve in large scoops with extra raspberry sauce on the side.