- 4 cups diced rhubarb about 12 thin stalks
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved if large
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur (Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup GF flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, strawberries, granulated sugar, orange zest, cornstarch, and orange liqueur, and toss to thoroughly to combine.
- Grease a 9 by 13-inch casserole or baking dish with 1 Tbsp of butter and transfer the fruit mixture to the prepared casserole.
- Make the topping: In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients and cut together until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit and bake until the topping is golden brown and crispy and fruit is bubbly in places, about 45 minutes.
- Cool briefly and serve warm, with a dollop of whipped cream, ice cream, or crème fraiche, if desired.