- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 4 oz red curry paste
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2” strips
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 2” strips
- 2 carrots, cut into 2” strips
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- pinch salt
- juice of ½ lime
- 1-1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb scallops
- In a large skillet over low heat, heat ¼ cup of coconut milk with the curry paste. (Try 2 oz of curry paste if you aren't feeling adventurous.) Cook stirring often for 3 minutes. Add the remaining coconut milk and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to medium.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, carrots, brown sugar, fish sauce, and salt. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens and the vegetables are cooked through.
- Turn off the heat and add the lime juice. Taste for seasoning and add more salt if you like.
- In another skillet over medium-high, heat the vegetable oil. Add the scallops in one layer. Cook 3 minutes turn and cook the other sides for 3 minutes more.
- In a serving dish, spoon the scallops into the middle. Spoon the vegetables on top. Serve with rice.