- 6 slices GF bread
- 1/2 lb old English cheese or any cheddar or mozzarella, sliced
- 1 lb prepared shrimp (ready to eat)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 pint milk
- Break bread in pieces about size of a quarter. Break cheese into bite size pieces.
- Arrange shrimp, bread, and cheese in several layers in greased casserole dish. Pour butter over this mixture.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add mustard and salt to eggs, then add the milk. Mix together and pour this over ingredients in casserole.
- Let stand a minimum of 3 hours, preferably overnight in refrigerator, covered.
- Bake one hour in 350 degree oven, covered.
When doubling the recipe, use 3 pounds of shrimp.