Cooks up fast and is so good!
- GF pasta
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic sliced thin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 scallions chopped, greens included
- 20 shrimp medium sized (1 lb), cut in half
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 Tbsp GF corn starch
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 1/2 cup peas
- grated Parmesan cheese optional
- In large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add pasta, stirring to be sure pasta doesn’t stick together. Cook until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat in 12” pan. Add chopped scallions, sliced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook 3 minutes, tossing often. When shrimp is done, remove shrimp onto separate plate.
- Once again, heat pan to medium and add ½ cup white wine, lemon juice and zest. When hot, add ¾ cup pasta water. Mix ¼ cup milk and 1 Tbsp corn starch in small bowl. Add to pan. Bring all to a gentle boil for 2 minutes.
- Add back to pan, the cooked shrimp, 1 Tbsp butter, & peas and sauté for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Drain cooked pasta, then toss, with shrimp and serve.