- 5-6 Baby Boo pumpkins
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut off the top of each pumpkin. Using a spoon, carefully scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp of each one to create a tiny bowl. Place the shells and tops in a roasting pan with a few inches of water and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until just tender. Remove the caps from the roasting pan.
- Whisk together the whole egg, egg yolk, and sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the cream, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture just to a boil and then slowly whisk into the egg mixture. Stir in the pumpkin puree.
- Pour the custard into the pumpkins, cover the pan with aluminum foil, and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the custard is set. Cool the pumpkins on a wire rack and then cover with the lids.
To serve cold: refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
To serve hot: let sit for 30 minutes on wire rack before serving and add a dollop of whipped cream.