- 2 lb fresh strawberries hulled and quartered or use frozen, thawed
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg whites stiff. Beat in sugar very slowly.
- Place mixture in zip lock bag and cut a small hole at one of the corners.
- Squeeze through the zip lock bag opening onto a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Place in oven. Shut oven door and immediately turn off oven heat. Don't open the door. Leave overnight or at least 6 hours. Works on 2 cookie sheets. Makes about 40 1" cookies
- Combine the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl. Let the berries sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Hold out 24 strawberries pieces for garnish.
- Put the rest of the strawberries in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl with an electric beater with whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream until stiff.
- Beat in the sugar and vanilla.
- Crumble half the meringues and fold them into the whipped cream. Reserve around 24 small cookies for decoration.
- Using 24 shooter glasses, layer the ingredients: Begin with a few spoonfuls of strawberry sauce, followed by dollops of cream mixture. Repeat as space allows.
- Decorate with a sliced strawberry a sprig of mint and a meringue.