- 1 pint strawberries, rinsed, hulled and quartered about 2 cups
- 12 oz raspberries
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar or more, to taste
- 2 Tbsp crème de Framboise (raspberry liqueur)
- 1/2 tsp lemon rind or more, to taste
- 1-1/4 cups heavy or whipping cream
- In shallow bowl with potato masher or fork, crush the strawberries. Add half of the raspberries and mash them slightly.
- Stir in the sugar, liqueur, and lemon rind. Refrigerate the berry mix for at least 1 hour until cold.
- Taste the berries and add more sugar or lemon rind to taste. The fruit mixture should be a little sweeter than you might prefer because the cream is unsweetened.
- In a chilled bowl with chilled beaters, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Use a rubber spatula to fold the cream gently into the cold fruit just until they are blended.
- Spoon the fool into stemmed glasses or bowls. Sprinkle them with the remaining raspberries and serve at once.