- 3/4 cup GF breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- Combine GF breadcrumbs, egg, milk, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Let milk soak into crumbs for a few minutes.
- Gently stir in ground beef/turkey until well blended. Form into balls about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Brown meatballs in 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet; remove with a slotted spoon to a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Drain off all but 1 Tbsp of drippings.
- Stir GF flour into drippings. Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly.
- Stir in beef broth and cream (can also add sour cream). Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and boils for a minute. Pour over meatballs.
- Bake meatballs at 325° for 15 minutes. Serve over GF noodles or rice.