- 4 eggs
- 1 lb baby spinach
- 5 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 large shallots thinly sliced
- 2 tsp thyme coarsely chopped
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 quart of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the eggs (still in shells) and simmer over moderately high heat for 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a bowl of cold water and let stand for 3 to 4 minutes. Keep the pan of hot water on the stove over low heat.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a large bowl. In a medium skillet, combine the olive oil, cider and balsamic vinegars, shallots and thyme, and boil for 1 minute.
- Crack the eggs all over and gently peel them under warm running water, keeping them whole. Using a slotted spoon, slip the eggs in the hot water (reserved from earlier) for 30 seconds.
- Pour the warm dressing over the spinach, season with salt and pepper and toss. Mound the salad on plates, top each with an egg and serve.