Back to School Resources for Parents and Students
If your child requires a gluten-free diet, we suggest you take steps to ensure their school is aware and educated. The following free resources are yours to download and use to ensure your gluten-free child’s school is supportive.
- Comprehensive ROCK School Packet – Click to Download.
- Letter to Your Child’s Teacher – Click to Download.
- Letter to School Cafeteria – Click to Download.
- Kitchen Guidelines (English) – Click to Download.
- Kitchen Guidelines (Spanish) – Click to Download.
- Kitchen Guidelines (Portuguese) – Click to Download.
- School Tips – Click to Download.
For More Information
We hope that you find this information useful. Should you need more resources, we recommend the following:
- Boston Children’s Hospital Celiac Disease Program resources: Includes a video about creating a safe school environment, general school tips and information for various ages and stages.
- Celiac Kids Connection resources: Include a school packet as well as material for preschool, elementary school, middle school, high school and college.
- The book Real Life with Celiac Disease by Melinda Dennis, MS, RD, LDN and Dr. Daniel Leffler, which covers a variety of topics.